A morning walk can create a healthy body for you. Regular morning keeps you fit and healthy. A morning walk can create many health benefits for you. Morning time walk MAKES an active fast body for you If your goal is to keep a large distance from diseases then a regular morning walk may help you in this regard. The regular morning walk has such great health benefits that can decrease the chances of many dangerous diseases catching you and your chances of living long life can increase.
A regular morning walk makes your mood happy and can keep you energetic for the whole day if you are facing some problems like health, disease problems. Then regular walks especially morning walks will be very effective in controlling and decreasing the effects of these diseases.
The regular morning walk may make your health good and will lower the risks and complications of many diseases
A regular morning walk may help you in dealing with lifestyle-related diseases like obesity, diabetes, blood pressure, heart diseases, and many more. Morning walk is not a hard exercise. It is just a simple activity. Almost everybody can perform it and can get morning walk benefits.
For the morning walk, you don’t need a gym membership and special equipment. Just a pair of shoes with clothes and you are ready to go for a walk in the park or the ground. When you wake up in the morning you may not like to do any hard physical activity but you will like to walk some miles because walking is one of the easy forms of physical activity. Morning walk has many health and fitness benefits. I will discuss some benefits of a morning walk. Some of these benefits are also proved by science and experts.
Benefits of a morning walk
Here are the 20 benefits of a morning walk:
Helps to lose weight
Morning walk has many benefits like Regular morning walk is very helpful against obesity or overweight body. Due to a sedentary lifestyle, a person can become obese or overweight. An obese or overweight person is at more risk of diseases and lifestyle problems as compared to a normal person. According to health experts, an obese or overweight person can lose weight sufficiently with a regular walk, and with some other moderate or vigorous exercises. Many doctors suggest their patients regular morning walk to lose weight and to decrease the complications of many diseases. [ 1 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:CDC
Walking is not a hard exercise. Without getting exhausted a fat or normal person can perform it. Regular morning walking for 30 to 40 minutes will shed your extra pounds if you are obese. 30 minutes of moderate walking can help you to burn 150 calories. And if you add healthy foods and strength training to your lifestyle then their combination will help you to lose fat more quickly.
Strengthen and tone muscles
A morning walk can help you to get strong muscles and tone your body. The daily morning walk will make or keep your body smart and your body will look good and tone. A brisk morning walk can create strong and tone leg muscles. Your calves, buttocks, and quad’s appearance will look good and amazing. By regular walk, your body’s appearance will look like athletes. By adding strength training to your routine your muscle definition will increase more.
Boost energy level
You will remain lazy, tired, and fatigue for the whole day, if you have no habit of a morning walk or any other physical walk. Starting your day with a 30 to 40-minute outdoor walk can keep your energy level high and you will remain active for the whole day. When you will feel more energetic then you will remain more active.
You will also make good choices throughout the day if you feel energetic. By making good choices you will perform better at your work or job. The indoor walk is also good but according to reliable studies peoples who have the habit of outdoor morning walk can get more energy and vitality than peoples who do indoor walking. So try to walk outdoors in a clean park or ground where is less pollution. [ 2 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:selfdeterminationtheory
It Lower risk of diabetes
Patients with diabetes are increasing day by day. Diabetes is a very dangerous disease that can cause many complications. Diabetes is one of those diseases that required lifelong treatment and care. Morning walk is an easy way to reduce the risks of diabetes. Just 30 to 40 minutes of a brisk walk will create such benefits for you that will keep you away from getting diabetes.
Many doctors and health experts recommend a morning walk to lower the risks of diabetes especially type 2 diabetes. [ 3 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:niddk.nih.gov
The regular morning walk will make your muscles use more glucose. It will help to burn fat and your BMI will improve. High BMI is usually related to high diabetes risks.
Good for heart
The walk is very good for the heart. Especially morning walk when there is low noise and traffic pollution is best for the heart. Studies results have shown that doing 5 days per week walk daily can decrease the risks of chronic heart disease CHD by 19 percent. Morning walking is defined as an evidence-based exercise that can reduce the risks of heart diseases. [ 4 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:PUBMED
A high level of cholesterol is not good for the heart and body. Studies have shown that regular walks can work against high cholesterol levels. A high or lower HDL cholesterol in the body can be harmful and regular morning walk can help to maintain normal cholesterol levels. Walking 25km/ per week is recommended to get benefits from morning walk and it helps to get normal cholesterol level. [ 5 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 6 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI
With the walk, your heart muscles will become strong and it will work best. A regular morning walk can decrease the risks of heart attack and stroke. Studies suggest that regular brisk walking can increase the functional recovery in peoples who suffers from a stroke. [ 7 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:health.harvard
Many studies and health experts recommend a morning walk to reduce the risks of getting heart diseases and blood pressure problems. High blood pressure is considered one of the main reasons for heart disease. A regular morning walk can lower high blood pressure. Regular exercise which includes walking is recommended against heart diseases and high blood pressure. [ 8 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:nhlbi.nih
Improve mental health
A morning walk can help to improve mental health. Regular exercise such as regular morning walk can increase and protect the memory of the brain and it can also improve thinking capabilities. When a person walks or exercises then the supply of oxygen and blood to that person brain increase which in result improve mental alertness, brain function, and memory. Some studies have shown that older women who have the habit of regular walking are less likely to get memory degeneration problems than those who walk less or have no habit of walking. Memory degeneration is related to age. Older people who have the habit of morning walk have better mental capabilities or cognitive function than those who live a sedentary life. [ 9 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI
Some researchers have concluded that regular walking can help to decrease or prevent the risks of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. With regular morning walks Risks of getting these diseases can be decreased up to 54 percent. These diseases also have more links with old peoples. [ 10 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 11 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 12 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:rush
Regular walking is very beneficial for depression. Around 264 million peoples in the world are affected by depression. The daily morning routine of walking can work as a natural treatment of depression. When a person walks then endorphins which are natural pain killers in the body will flow in the entire body properly and a person will feel comfortable.
An article published in Harvard medical school has confirmed that daily walking of 35 to 60 minutes can improve the condition of depression significantly. [ 13 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:health.harvarD
Morning walk can improve your self-esteem. It will boost your mood and you will perform well at your work. It will help to reduce stress and anxiety also. Walking can make your thinking more creative and it will open up the free flow of ideas which may help to solve problems more efficiently studies suggest. [ 14 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:psycnet.apa.
Decrease the risk of cancer
Cancer is the worst disease. It can be a nightmare for peoples who get it. Word cancer is horrible because it is cancer. Big diseases like cancer and heart diseases are caused mostly due to dull, sedentary, and unhealthy lifestyles. A daily morning walk can reduce the risks of cancer. Perhaps a morning walk is one of the best and easy tools against many big diseases including cancer. With morning walk you will get less polluted air in your body and your body ability to fight diseases will increase.
Studies have shown that with 3 hours per week walking reduce the mortality rate in the breast cancer patient. The study also finds that the mortality rate of colon cancer patients decreases with 6 hours per week of walking. [ 15 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:PUBMED
A study analysis says that women who have a habit of physical activities or daily walk have a 20 percent low risk of ovarian cancer than those who have not habited of physical activities. [ 16 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:PUBMED
Another study found that running or walking can reduce the risks of kidney cancer. Moreover, walking can improve the sleep of cancer patients studies concluded. [ 17 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 18 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION:PUBMED
Thus these SCIENTIFIC studies and researches prove that walking or morning walk is the best and natural way to prevent and reduce the risks of many cancers.
It Improves sleep
A regular morning walk can improve your sleep and you will get deep enjoyable sleep. A good and deep sleep at night can help you to keep yourself active throughout the day. When you will remain active and spend time in the morning walk then your natural sleep hormones (melatonin)/effects will boost. These hormones play role in good sleep and you will get sleep easier.
A study on a group of older peoples with sleep problems found that morning walk or exercise improve their sleep problems. It was found that walk or exercise in the morning as compared to the evening works well against sleep problems. [ 19 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI
Increase skin glow
Athletes and peoples who do physical activities mostly have good looking healthy skin. It is because physical activity improves blood circulation to the whole body which includes the skin also.
Many studies have suggested that good blood flow in the body can increase skin and whole-body health. [ 20 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI
So morning walk is the best and easy exercise that you can do to improve skin health and glow. The regular morning walk will help you to look younger and it will decrease your aging effects. Regular walking will promote healthy blood pressure, will provide blood to all body parts that will reduce the aging process and you will look younger than your fellows who have no habit of physical activities. With a morning walk, you will get proper blood circulation that will prevent acne, pimples, and many other skin problems. [ 21 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 22 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI
With regular walks in the morning, you will make your skin healthy, glowing, and beautiful in nature.
Improve hair quality
A regular morning walk can increase your blood flow to the whole body naturally and healthily.It will keep your blood pressure normal that is very essential for the growth of good healthy hairs. A regular morning walk can also keep your hair healthy and can prevent hair loss. [ 23 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 24 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI [ 25 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: NCBI
Why morning walk time is better than evening
- Usually in the morning time noise is less as compared to the evening. There is usually less traffic on the road in the morning. So you will not be disturbed by unwanted traffic and extra noise.
- Air pollution during the morning time is less as compared to the evening. In the morning you will get less polluted air, oxygen and will inhale fresh air for your body.
- During day time parks and grounds are not so crowded as compared to the evening. So you will not be distracted and disturbed. So you can perform your activity well and according to what you like.
- Some peoples like to walk and run on the roads. So in the morning, there will be less traffic on roads, and accident risks will decrease.
- In the morning time, your stomach will empty and in this situation when you will do a walk or brisk walk you will shed unwanted fat with more pace.
- In the early morning, the mostly temperature remains cool. So a person from hot areas can enjoy walking more in the morning as compared to the evening. You will feel better and will enjoy the morning walk more due to the cooling effect of nature during the morning time.
- Walk in the morning will keep you active, and sharp for the whole day.
- When you walk in the morning then you save your time. Because during the evening you may need time for some works and if you do walk in the morning then you will miss your work or walk. In the early morning, most peoples have no work to do so they can do walk or exercise in the morning and can save the evening time for work.
- In the morning mostly bazaar, markets, and industry show less activity. So a person will not be distracted by them.
- In the morning forest, parks, grounds, and lakes will create healthy cool and good feeling environment. You will like and enjoy your walk in this environment.
How much Morning walk
For basic fitness 30 to 35 minutes of brisk walk is enough. By doing the walk for that long can provide you health and fitness benefits.
It also depends on your fitness goal.
By doing the walk for 30 minutes you can get morning walk benefits. If you want to boost your fitness level more then you can walk more like you may get more benefits if you walk for 45 minutes. Don’t walk for long distances or time when you just start your walking routine. When you start the routine of morning walk then you need to walk for a small distance or time. Try to walk for 15 minutes first then with days increase your time gradually. Take your time to 30 minutes or 45 minutes walk.
- If you have less habit of walking then don’t do large distance walking at the early stage. Start your progress slowly and increase your distance gradually. Try to do 20 min walk the first day then increase walk time gradually day by day.
- Warm-up your body before walking. Try to stretch and do some warm-up exercises. Warming up before physical activity can create many benefits. It can make exercise easy to perform.
- Don’t use speed at the beginning. Try to increase your walk speed slowly and gradually. It will work better for you and you will be to perform your activity well
- Wear good shoes and socks for walking. Good shoes and socks will increase your performance and you will enjoy walking more. It is advised to not use smaller shoes than your foot size otherwise your feet can get injured. Always wear shoes that are comfortable and are according to your size.
- During summer wear light clothes for walking. Try to wear comfortable clothes like a shirt with trousers for your walk. During winter always wear those clothes that can keep you warm. Also, use a beanie or hoodie with warm comfortable clothes.
- Keep a bottle of water with yourself. You will need water, especially during summer when there will be a hot environment. Drink some water when you need it. Water will keep you hydrated.
- After walk gave your body time to cool down. Cooldown works in the favor of the body after a walk or physical activity.
- Take your children or family members with you for a morning walk. Through this, you can help in making your family healthy and fit. Always keep eye on your children when they are with you.
- Talk with your doctor if you consider you are not that healthy for a walk or you have any severe disease that can harm you. The doctor will help you and follow your doctor’s advice.
What you need for a morning walk
In summer You need to wear light and comfortable clothes. These can include a light shirt or T-shirt trousers or shorts. A pair of shoes and socks
In winter you need warm clothes that can keep you warm in a cool environment. You may need these things
- Warm shirt
- Trouser warm
- Jacket or Hoodie
- A pair of shoes and socks
- Water bottle
1. Can morning walk help in burning fat?
Yes. A morning walk is an easy exercise for burning fat. Some obese peoples who cant do tough exercise. They can lose fat by walking. 45 minutes of brisk walking can increase the process of fat burning. Walking is very effective for internal belly fat. If a 250lbs person does a brisk walk then he or she may burn 320 calories. That is a lot of calories. If you do it daily then you will also get its benefits.
2. Is moring walk better than running in fat burning?
Running and walking have a huge difference. Running can burn more calories than brisk walking. A 160lbs person can burn 606 calories by running at 5 miles per hour. If that person walks the same amount of time at 3.4 miles per hour speed then it can help to burn 312 calories. Not everybody can run. Running needs some practice and fitness. But walking is easy for almost every non-disabled person.
3. What will happen if I do a morning walk daily?
By doing a walk daily you will get many benefits. Like it can help to burn you to burn fat. It can make you healthy and fit. You may perform physical activities well. Regular morning walks may reduce the risks of many dangerous diseases. It will make your heart strong and may help to maintain healthy blood pressure plus blood glucose level.
4.Is 30 minutes morning walk enough?
Yes. 30 minutes of brisk morning walk is a good time. You can get many health benefits by doing it. Your cardiovascular health will improve and you will create a healthy and fit body that can fight against many diseases. Try to increase your time slowly and you will get more benefits.
5. What time is best after the morning for a walk?
If morning time for a walk is tough for you then walking in the evening is also considered a good time. Many peoples can take time for an evening walk. Walking from 5 pm to 6 pm is best.
6. Why morning time is best for a walk?
Walk-in morning can keep your metabolism high for the whole day. Peoples usually have free time in the morning and doing a walk or exercise in the morning can save their time later the day. Plus at that time air is usually less polluted and a person can get more benefits with the less polluted environment. There are many other benefits of morning time walk that I describe above in this post.
7. Can morning walking help in reducing tummy?
Yes, it can. Walking is an easy form of exercise that can help you to reduce tummy. With less effort, you will see a change in your body. With no special types of equipment, you can get benefits from a morning walk.
8. What muscles are toned by morning walks?
Regular walking can make your legs strong and powerful. You will feel the change in your legs power. A regular morning walk can help to strengthen your calves, thighs, and glutes.
9. What should I eat before the morning walk?
If you are healthy and fit then you may not need to eat before the morning walk. It will be good for you to walk on an empty stomach. Walking on an empty stomach can help you to burn more extra fat. But if you think you need to eat something then some bananas or fruit smoothies can be good.
10. How can I calculate walking distance?
Many peoples have trouble finding their walking distance. But there are parks and grounds where their tracks distance is mentioned. Plus now it is the world of science. You can use the latest technology to measure your distance. Now, these days almost every person has a smartphone. Many mobile apps can help to measure distance. Many watches, fitness bands are also available in the market that can also help.
11.What to eat after walking to weight loss?
Protein-rich foods are best if you want to lose weight. Here are some foods that can be beneficial after walking:
- Steam chicken+ vegetables
- EGG omelet with toast
- Oatmeal with banana and whey protein
- Salmon or tuna with sweet potatoes
- Cottage cheese with some fruits
- Many other healthy and protein-rich foods can help you to get stronger and leaner.
A morning walk is an easy form of physical activity. With less effort, it can generate huge health benefits. From making you strong to decreasing and preventing the risks of many diseases it works in your favor. Keep in mind that if you have any serious disease or you consider your health is not in good shape. Then before starting any physical activity, you need to talk with your doctor.