Governments and health care departments are publishing nutrition guides daily for the public but still many peoples believe that every food creates the same health benefits. Eating healthy foods generate more health-friendly effects. This article will discuss the 10 healthy foods you can eat for a healthy body.
Here are some natural healthy foods that are healthy and scientific researches and studies have proved their benefits:
Almost everyone loves eating eggs. It is easily available in almost every grocery market. This healthy food is a cheap and pure source of protein. Eating eggs generate many health benefits.
May be useful for you: Get tips about getting long life
Benefits of eggs
- A whole egg is good for your health. It is often not liked due to its cholesterol but studies have found that eating one yolk daily does not raise cholesterol levels. Instead of that Researchers have found that normal consumption of eggs increases good cholesterol that is very helpful in reducing the risks of heart diseases. It is been found that only high consumptions of whole eggs may cause cholesterol problems in some peoples. [ 1 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: DiMarco, D.M., Missimer, A., Murillo, A.G. et al. Intake of up to 3 Eggs/Day Increases HDL Cholesterol and Plasma Choline While Plasma Trimethylamine-N-oxide is Unchanged in a Healthy Population. Lipids 52, 255–263 (2017). doi.org
- One egg contains 6 grams of protein. This protein has top-quality and it is the pure form of protein. Our body absorbs this egg protein as compared to protein from other sources. Moreover, it contains nine amino acids that play a very crucial role in the growth and maintenance of your body.
- It also contains essential nutrients like choline that may reduce the risk of breast cancer in women. Choline also plays an important role during pregnancy, it supports the development of a healthy brain in a baby.
- Egg also contains healthy antioxidants that can help your body to prevent macular degeneration and cataract.
- Egg contains omega 3 polyunsaturated fats. Omega 3 fats are very good for your brain, heart, and eyes.
- Egg contains many vitamins and minerals. These vitamins are very essential for your body. An egg can provide 40 percent of your body’s vitamin D requirement. Two eggs can provide 30 to 40 percent daily recommended amount of vitamins. Moreover, it provides 25 percent of folate, 12 percent of vitamin B2, and 20 percent of selenium daily requirements. It also contains vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin b6, iron, magnesium, and cobalamin.
- By adding eggs to breakfast you can boost weight loss. Eating eggs increases the level of hormones that keeps you satisfied for longer. The high satiety levels of eggs increase satisfaction and reduce hunger later in the day. A study on 30 overweight women has found that when these women eat eggs in their breakfast, they consume fewer calories for the next 36 hours. It means that if you eat eggs in your breakfast then you may feel full throughout the day and through this, you may consume fewer calories. Eating eggs daily boost your metabolism, which also promotes weight loss. [ 2 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: Vander Wal, J. S., Gupta, A., Khosla, P., & Dhurandhar, N. V. (2008). Egg breakfast enhances weight loss. International journal of obesity (2005), 32(10), 1545–1551. https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2008.130
Apple is a famous fruit, which has good taste and many health benefits. Peoples believes “eating an apple daily keeps the doctor away” but it is just some wisdom inside these words which is trying to explain that Apple generates so many benefits that may reduce your visits to the doctor. Here are some health benefits of eating apples:
- Apple is a very good source of fiber that can reduce your cholesterol and glucose level.
- Apple is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. These vitamins help your body to prevent cell damage.
- Studies have found that apples lower the risk of heart diseases. Rich in soluble fiber, it can lower the cholesterol level of your body.
- Apples are rich in fiber and water. This nutrient combination keeps a person full for most time of the day. That is why an apple helps weight loss.
- Apple also contains polyphenols. These polyphenols have healthy antioxidants effects. Polyphenols in apples also reduce blood pressure. Moreover, a large number of studies concluded that eating apple prevents many cardiovascular diseases and complications. Zhao, C. N., Meng, X., Li, Y., Li, S., Liu, Q., Tang, G. Y., & Li, H. B. (2017). Fruits for Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases. [ 3 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: Nutrients, 9(6), 598. doi.org
- Many studies have revealed that eating apples can reduce the risk of diabetes. [ 4 ]Trusted ✔️ CITATION: Oude Griep, L. M., Verschuren, W. M., Kromhout, D., Ocké, M. C., & Geleijnse, J. M. (2011). Colors of fruit and vegetables and 10-year incidence of stroke. Stroke, 42(11), 3190–3195. doi.org
- An eating apple a day lowers the 28 percent risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Apple contains pectin a fiber that helps your body by promoting the growth of good bacteria in your gut.
- Apple lowers the risks of different cancers. It is believed that due to its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects it prevents big disease risks.
- Eating apples lower the risks of asthma. The skin of an apple contains flavonoid quercetin. Flavonoid quercetin help in regulating the immune system and reduces inflammation.
- Eggs are also beneficial for eye health. Omega 3 fatty acids in eggs can improve eyesight and health.
- Eating apples daily can reduce age-related mental illness. It is believed that eating an apple daily helps in preserving acetylcholine a neurotransmitter that usually declined when a person starts jumping age numbers. A low level of acetylcholine increases the risk of brain diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Eating Apple can protect your stomach from injury due to NSAIDs. It is believed that plants compound of apples like chlorogenic acid and catechins help in this role. Note: Eating apples without peeling is more healthy because apple skin has many vitamins and minerals that contribute a lot to the health benefits that are described above.
Fish is very healthy food to eat. It is full of protein and other necessary nutrients. Its consumption can reduce the risks of many diseases. Here are some of its benefits:
Benefits of eating fish
- Eating fish can reduce the risks of heart diseases. Fish contains healthy omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and help against heart diseases. Omega 3 fatty acids also help to reduce bad cholesterol. By preparing fish dishes by following health guidelines, you can decrease the risks of heart diseases, heart attack, and stroke.
- It is believed that eating fish reduces the risks of brain diseases. A study in 2016 found that moderate eating of fish reduces the risks of Alzheimer’s disease. The study found that peoples who consume fish had more grey matter, which reduces brain shrinkage and deterioration.
- Fish oil also improves the symptoms of depression. According to The Journal of psychiatry & neuroscience fish oil reduces depression when it is taken with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), an antidepressant.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can prevent skin damage against ultraviolet rays.
- Fish is the best dietary source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is very essential for body bone and growth because it helps in the absorption of calcium.
- During rheumatoid arthritis disease, a person can feel swelling and pain and by eating fish these feelings can be reduced.
- Fish is a lean source of protein with less saturated fat. Protein which is very essential for a healthy body is found in the fish in good quantity.
- Fish consumption can reduce the risks of cancer. A study on peoples showed that those peoples who had a high consumption rate of fish had low risks of digestive cancer as compared to those who eat less.
- A fish diet can help you to lower blood pressure. A recent study found that fish oil which contains omega 3 fatty acids is very helpful in lowering blood pressure.
Fish is easily available in the market. In the market mostly fish came from farms but fish from the sea or open river has the best taste and benefits.
Greek yogurt is a type of yogurt which is different from regular yogurt. Greek yogurt is obtained through the staining process. The staining process removes the liquid whey which contains lactose. It has less sugar and is a bit creamier, thicker with more protein as compared to regular yogurt. Greek yogurt has many health benefits and is a completely natural healthy food source. Here are some of its benefits:
Benefits of eating greek yogurt
- Greek yogurt is full of calcium. Our bones are mostly made up of calcium. Calcium makes the bones strong and healthy. Calcium also lowers the risks of bone disease like osteoporosis.
- It contains protein. Protein plays a very crucial role in muscle building. Consuming greek yogurt can increase muscle mass and performance.
- Protein-rich Greek yogurt can be very helpful in weight loss. Many studies have found that high consumption of protein-rich foods keeps a person full for most of time of the day. Greek yogurt which is high in protein can prevent OVEREATING and helps in weight loss.
- Greek yogurt contains much prebiotics. These can help the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- Prebiotics found in greek yogurt can be very beneficial for your mental health. A study in 2016 found that workers who ate greek yogurt daily show fewer symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety than those who did not eat.
- It is believed that greek yogurt reduces the risks of diabetes. In a 2014 study, researchers found that unlike other dairy products greek yogurt is beneficial for reducing the risks of type 2 diabetes. For benefits don’t add sugar to it.
May be useful for you: Get tips about longevity
Benefits of eating oatmeals
- Oats are full of soluble fibers. Soluble fibers are very beneficial for lowering cholesterol and stabilizing blood glucose levels. Research on Oats has found that this food has a positive effect on type 2 diabetes patient’s health.
- Oats also contain insoluble fibers that improve intestinal health and can prevent constipation.
- This food has many health-friendly antioxidants like avenanthramides. Research on these antioxidants have shown that avenanthramides exhibit anti-itching and anti-inflammatory activity. Oats’ nutrients help to lower blood pressure and can improve blood flow.
- Oatmeal contains many healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Fiber-rich oatmeal is very beneficial in weight loss. Fibers keep the person full and can decrease the desire for food for approximately 4 hours.
If you want to know which nut is famous for health benefits then most experts may mention almonds. With so many health benefits almonds are liked and eat by the whole earth inhabitant. Here are some health benefits of eating Almonds:
Benefits of almonds
- Almonds are known as one of the best foods that help in lowering cholesterol level naturally. Many studies have found that the habit of eating almonds works well against bad cholesterol.
- Almonds contain magnesium. Magnesium can help you to lower blood pressure. Various studies’ results have shown that controlling magnesium deficiency can reduce blood pressure.
- Magnesium is also beneficial for diabetes patients. Studies on diabetes patients have shown that about 25 to 38 percent of patients show the sign of magnesium deficiency.
- Almonds are rich in antioxidants. These provide help against oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can damage a person’s cell molecules and cause inflammation, aging, and dangerous diseases like cancers. A clinical trial that involves 60 regular smokers shows that by eating 84 grams of almonds daily, their oxidative stress reduces by 23 to 34 percent in 4 weeks.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E. This Vitamin protects the cells from oxidative damage. Studies have found that a high intake of vitamin E reduces the risks of heart diseases, cancers, and Alzheimer’s diseases.
Don’t you know it’s Popeye’s favorite? Spinach is a green leafy vegetable, loaded with healthy nutrients and antioxidants. Thus making it a healthy food that you can eat for your good health goal. Here are some of its benefits:
Benefits of spinach
- This is a famous healthy food, its leaves are high in insoluble fiber. Insoluble fibers improve the health of the digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Spinach contains many antioxidants that help against oxidative stress and reduces its damages.
- Spinach reduces cancer risks. MGDG and SQDG two components in spinach have links in slowing the growth of different cancers. One study found that these components help in decreasing the size of tumors. Many studies have found that this leafy vegetable reduces the risks of prostate and breast cancers.
- A study on a group of 27 peoples concluded that eating spinach can help to lower blood pressure. Spinach contains nitrates that help against high blood pressure problems.
- Spinach is also very beneficial for your eye health. Spinach contains carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein which can protect against the damage to the eyes caused by sunlight. Studies on zeaxanthin and lutein found that these can prevent macular degeneration and cataract. These two diseases contribute a lot in causing blindness.
- Spinach is loaded with many essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs to perform well in terms of good health.
Everyone loves potatoes. It is the most famous vegetable in the world. Potatoes French fries are very famous but their limited consumption is advised. Eating potato has many health benefits some of these are given below:
Benefits of potatoes
- Potatoes are rich in antioxidants like beta carotene. This can slow down the process of aging of your body and may protect you from some types of cancers.
- Compounds in potato-like flavonoids, carotenoids,s, and phenolic acids act as antioxidants in your body and helps in neutralizing the harmful molecules. These harmful molecules can cause many chronic diseases like heart diseases, cancers, and diabetes.
- Potato contains resistant starch: a type of starch. Research on starch found many health benefits that include a decrease in insulin resistance-which shows results by improving blood sugar levels.
- Resistance starch can improve the health of your digestive system. In our body resistance starch usually turns itself into butyrate a fatty acid that is a favorite source of food for good bacteria in your gut. Many studies have shown that butyrate can reduce the risks of colorectal cancer.
- Potato is naturally gluten-free. Peoples with celiac disease usually have sensitivity towards gluten. For these peoples or who does not like gluten included foods, potatoes are best for them.
Pomegranate is a tasty, health-friendly fruit that has been used as medicine for thousands of years. With its ability to prevent big diseases it is one of the most recommended fruit by doctors. Here are some of its health benefits of this healthy food:
Benefits of pomegranates
- The amount of antioxidants in pomegranate juice is much higher as compared to other fruit juices. With three times more antioxidants than green tea, it helps in protecting cell damage. It also helps to remove radicals from the body and reduce inflammation risks.
- Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C. Only a 300g pomegranate juice can provide 40 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C. This Vitamin plays a very crucial role in the growth, development, and repair processes in your body.
- Pomegranates juice improves the performance of peoples who do physical activities. Its juice can help reduce soreness. Eating pomegranates may help you to recover your strength fast. Its juice also decreases oxidative damage due to workouts.
- It is believed that antioxidants in pomegranates stall the progress of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pomegranates juice can decrease inflammation in your body. It also prevents oxidative stress and damage.
- The natural juice of this fruit is considered as best heart-friendly juice. Studies have shown that pomegranate juice helps in improving blood flow and prevents the stiffness and thickness of arteries.
- Pomegranate juice can increase testosterone level, which results improve your muscularity and sex drive.
Blueberries are healthy food, and this fruit is very famous all over the world. Due to its taste and benefits peoples likes to eat them. Some of the health benefits are given below:
- Blueberries are rich in Vitamin C. This Vitamin in blueberries promotes your immune system and skin health.
- Oxidative stress can create many negative effects on your brain. Blueberries help to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Antioxidants in blueberries reduce the risks of several chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, and cancer. It also helps in stopping the progress of DNA damage and aging.
- Eating blueberries can boost your heart health. Nutrients in this fruit prevent arteries to get hard. Hard or stiff arteries often lead to heart attack and stroke.
- Blueberries can reduce the damage of muscles due to physical activities.
These foods are good for your health. All of these contain a high value of necessary nutrients that the human body needs. But that is not the complete list of healthy foods there are also many other foods that also promote good health. You can also find useful information on the Nutrition pages of this site.