Governments and health care departments are publishing nutrition guides daily for the public about healthy foods but still many peoples believe that every food will create the same health benefits and they are wrong.
Eating healthy foods can create more health-friendly effects. In this article, I will discuss the top 10 healthy foods that can make your body healthy and fit.
Here are the Top 10 healthy foods.
Almost everyone loves eating eggs. It is an easily available and very cheap healthy source of protein. Eating eggs can cause many healthy benefits.
May be useful for you: Get tips about getting long life
Benefits of eggs
- A whole egg is healthy food. It is often not liked due to its cholesterol. But studies have found that eating one-yolk daily cannot raise cholesterol levels. Instead of that studies have found that normal consumption of eggs can increase good cholesterol that is very helpful in reducing the risks of heart diseases. It is been found that only high consumptions of whole eggs can cause cholesterol problems in some peoples.
- One egg contains 6 grams of protein. Egg protein is a top-quality protein. Egg protein contains all nine types of amino acids that play a very crucial role in the body’s growth and maintenance.
- Egg also contains essential nutrients like choline that can reduce the risk of breast cancer in women. Choline also plays an important role during pregnancy, it supports the developing healthy brain in the baby.
- Egg also contains healthy antioxidants that can help your body to prevent macular degeneration and cataract.
- Egg contains omega 3 polyunsaturated fats. Omega 3 fats are very good for our brain, heart, and eyes health.
- Egg contains many vitamins and minerals. These vitamins are very essential for a healthy body. An egg can provide 40 percent of our body’s vitamin D requirement. Two eggs can provide 30 to 40 percent daily recommended amount of vitamins. Moreover, it can provide our body with 25 percent of folate, 12 percent of vitamin B2, and 20 percent of selenium daily requirement. It also contains vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin b6, iron, magnesium, and cobalamin.
- By adding eggs to breakfast a person can boost his weight loss results. Eating eggs can increase the level of hormones that can keep you satisfied for longer. The high satiety levels of eggs can increase satisfaction and can reduce hunger later the day. A study on 30 overweight women has found that when these women eat eggs in their breakfast then they consume fewer calories for the next 36 hours. It means that if we eat eggs in our breakfast then we will feel full throughout the day and will consume fewer calories.
- Eating eggs daily can boost your metabolism and you will feel full throughout the day.
An apple is a fruit that the whole world eats. Most believe that if a person eats an apple daily then its benefits will keep the doctor away from him. And that is true. Here are some health benefits of eating apples:
- Apple is a very good source of fiber that can reduce your cholesterol and glucose level.
- Apple is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. These vitamins can help your body to prevent damage to cells.
- Studies have found that apples can lower the risk of heart diseases. With rich in soluble fiber, it can lower the cholesterol level of the body.
- Apples are rich in fiber and water. This fiber and water combination can keep a person full a day. That is why an apple can help a person with weight loss.
- Apple also contains polyphenols. These polyphenols have antioxidants effects. These polyphenols can reduce blood pressure. Polyphenols in apples can reduce the risk of stroke by 20 percent.
- Many studies have revealed that eating apples can reduce the risk of diabetes.
- An eating apple a day can lower the 28 percent risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Apple contains pectin a fiber that helps your body by promoting the growth of good bacteria in your gut.
- Apple can lower the risks of cancer. It is believed that due to its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects it can prevent cancer.
- Eating apples can lower the risks of asthma. The skin of an apple contains flavonoid quercetin. Flavonoid quercetin can help in regulating the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Eating apples daily can reduce age-related mental illness. It is believed that eating an apple daily can help in preserving acetylcholine a neurotransmitter that usually declined when a person starts jumping age. A low level of acetylcholine can increase the risks of many brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eating Apple can protect a person’s stomach from injury due to NSAIDs. It is believed that plants compound in apples like chlorogenic acid and catechins help in this role. Note: It is advised to not peel the apple when you eat because apple skin is healthy and it contributes a lot to the health benefits that are described above.
Fish is a very healthy food to eat. It is full of protein and eating fish can reduce the risks of many diseases. Here are some
Benefits of eating fish:
- Eating fish can reduce the risks of heart diseases. Fish contains healthy omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and help the heart against many chronic diseases. Omega 3 fatty acids also help in reducing bad cholesterol. Thus eating fish can reduce the risks of heart diseases, heart attack, and stroke.
- It is believed that eating fish can reduce the risks of brain diseases. A study in 2016 found that moderate eating of fish reduces the risks of getting Alzheimer’s disease. The study found that peoples who consume fish had more grey matter, which reduces brain shrinkage and deterioration.
- Fish oil can improve the symptoms of depression. According to The Journal of psychiatry & neuroscience fish oil can reduce depression when it is taken with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), an antidepressant.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can help to prevent skin damage against ultraviolet rays.
- Fish is considered the best dietary source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is very essential for body bone and growth because it helps in the absorption of calcium.
- Eggs are also beneficial for eye health. Omega 3 fatty acids in eggs can improve eyesight and health.
- During rheumatoid arthritis disease, a person can feel swelling and pain and by eating fish these feelings can be reduced.
- Fish is a lean source of protein with less saturated fat. Protein which is very essential for a healthy body is highly found in fish.
- Fish consumption can reduce the risks of cancer. A study on peoples showed that those peoples who had a high consumption rate of fish had low risks of digestive cancer as compared to those who eat less.
- Fish in your diet can help to lower blood pressure. A recent study found that fish oil which contains omega 3 fatty acids is very helpful in lowering blood pressure.
Fish is easily available in the market. In the market mostly fish came from farms but fish from the sea or open river has the best taste and health benefits.>
Greek yogurt is a type of yogurt. It is different from regular yogurt. Greek yogurt goes through the staining process. The staining process removes the liquid whey which contains lactose. Greek yogurt has less sugar and is a bit creamier, thicker with more protein as compared to regular yogurt. Greek yogurt has many health benefits. It is a completely natural healthy food. Here are some
Benefits of eating greek yogurt
- Greek yogurt is full of calcium. Calcium is very essential for strong and healthy bones. Calcium can lower the risks of bone disease like osteoporosis.
- Greek yogurt contains protein. Protein plays a very crucial role in muscle building. Consuming greek yogurt can increase muscle mass and performance.
- Protein-rich Greek yogurt can be very helpful in weight loss. Many studies have found that high consumption of protein-rich foods can keep a person for the whole day. When a person will feel full then he/she will eat less later in the day. Thus greek yogurt which is high in protein can help the overweight peoples to lose weight.
- Greek yogurt contains many prebiotics. These can help the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Prebiotics found in greek yogurt can be very beneficial for mental health. A study in 2016 found that workers who ate greek yogurt daily show fewer symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety than those who did not.
- It is believed that greek yogurt can reduce the risks of diabetes. In a 2014 study, researchers found that unlike other dairy products greek yogurt is beneficial for reducing the risks of type 2 diabetes.
Benefits of eating oatmeals:
- Oats are full of soluble fibers. Soluble fibers are very beneficial for lowering cholesterol and stabilizing blood glucose levels in the body. Research on oat has found that oats have a positive effect on type 2 diabetes patient’s health.
- Oats also contain insoluble fibers that can improve intestinal health and can prevent constipation.
- Oats have many health-friendly antioxidants like avenanthramides. Research on these antioxidants has shown that avenanthramides can exhibit anti-itching and anti-inflammatory activity. These antioxidants can lower blood pressure and help to improve blood flow.
- Oatmeal contains many healthy vitamins and minerals. Thus this also makes oatmeal a healthy food.
- Fiber-rich oatmeal is very beneficial in weight loss. Fibers in oatmeal can keep the person full and can decrease the desire for food for the next 4 hours.
If you want to know which nuts are famous for health benefits then I will say it’s almonds. With so many health benefits almonds are liked and eat by the whole earth inhabitant. Here are some health
Benefits of almonds:
- Almonds are known as one of the best foods that help in lowering the cholesterol level naturally. Many studies have found that the habit of eating almonds works well against bad cholesterol.
- Almonds contain magnesium. Magnesium is very helpful in lowering blood pressure. Various studies’ results have shown that controlling magnesium deficiency can reduce a person’s blood pressure.
- Magnesium in almonds is also beneficial for diabetes patients. Studies on diabetes patients have shown that about 25 to 38 percent of patients show the sign of magnesium deficiency.
- Almonds are rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants can provide help against oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can damage a person’s cell molecules and can cause inflammation, aging, and dangerous diseases like cancers. A clinical trial that involves 60 regular smokers shows that by eating 84 grams of almonds daily their oxidative stress reduces by 23 to 34 percent in 4 weeks.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E protects the cells from oxidative damage. Studies have found that a high intake of vitamin E can reduce the risks of heart diseases, cancers, and Alzheimer diseases.
Don’t you know it’s Popeye’s favorite? Spinach is a green leafy vegetable, loaded with healthy nutrients and antioxidants. Thus making it a healthy food that a person can easily eat. Here are some of the
Benefits of spinach:
- Spinach is high in insoluble fiber. Insoluble fibers improve the health of the digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Spinach contains many antioxidants that help against oxidative stress and reduces its damages.
- Spinach can help with venting cancers. MGDG and SQDG two components in spinach have links in slowing the growth of cancers. One study found that these components help in decreasing the size of tumors. Many studies have found that this leafy vegetable can reduce the risks of prostate and breast cancers.
- A study on a group of 27 peoples found that eating spinach can help to lower blood pressure. Spinach contains nitrates that help in high blood pressure problems.
- Spinach is also very beneficial for healthy and good eyes. Spinach contains carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein which can protect against the damage to the eyes caused by sunlight. Studies on zeaxanthin and lutein found that these can prevent macular degeneration and cataract. These two diseases mostly cause blindness in eye patients.
- Spinach is loaded with many vitamins and minerals that are very healthy for the body.
Everyone loves potatoes. It is the most famous vegetable in the world. Its French fries are very famous but its limited consumption is advised. Eating potatoes has many benefits some of these
Benefits of potatoes
- Potatoes are rich in antioxidants like beta carotene. This can slow down the process of aging in your body and may protect you from some type of cancer.
- Compounds in potato-like flavonoids, carotenoids,s, and phenolic acids act as antioxidants in the body and help in neutralizing the harmful molecules in the body. These harmful molecules can cause many chronic diseases like heart diseases, cancers, and diabetes.
- Potato contains resistant starch a type of starch. Research on these types of starch found many health benefits that include a decrease in insulin resistance which shows results by improving blood sugar level.
- Resistance starch can improve the health of the digestive system. In our body resistance, starch usually turns into butyrate a fatty acid that is a favorite source of food for good bacteria in the gut. Many studies have shown that butyrate can reduce the risks of colorectal cancer.
- Potato is naturally gluten-free. Peoples with celiac disease usually have sensitivity towards gluten. For these peoples or who does not like gluten included foods, potatoes are best for them.
Pomegranates are a very health-friendly fruit that has been used as medicine for thousands of years. With its ability to prevent big diseases it is one of the most recommended fruit by doctors. Here are some
Benefits of pomegranates
- The amount of antioxidants in pomegranate juice is much higher as compared to other fruit juices. With three times more antioxidants than green tea, it helps in protecting cells from damage. It also helps to remove radicals from the body and reduce inflammation.
- Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C. Only a 300g pomegranate juice can provide 40 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C to a person. Vitamin C plays a very crucial role in the growth, development, and repair of body tissues.
- Pomegranates juice can work as a performance enhancer for athletes. Its juice can help reduce soreness. Its juice may help in improving strength recovery. It can also decrease oxidative damage due to workouts.
- It is believed that antioxidants in pomegranates can stall the progress of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pomegranates juice can decrease inflammation in the body. It can also prevent oxidative stress and damage.
- Pomegranates are considered one of the best heart-friendly juice. Studies have shown that pomegranate juice help in improving blood flow and prevent the arteries from becoming thick and stiff.
- Pomegranate juice can increase testosterone level thus it helps in improving sex drive.
Blueberries are native to North America. With many healthy benefits, Blueberries have been since ancient times in the preparation of stews, meat, and soups. Eating blueberries has many health benefits some of them are given below:
- Vitamin C is rich in blueberries. Vitamin C in blueberries promotes the health of the immune system and skin.
- Oxidative stress can negatively affect the brain. Blueberries help to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Antioxidants in blueberries can reduce the risks of several chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, and cancer. It can also help in stopping the progress of DNA damage and aging.
- Blueberries can make the heart-healthy. Blueberries can prevent arteries from hardening. Hard arteries often lead to heart attack and stroke.
- Blueberries can reduce the damage of muscles due to exercise.
These foods are good for your health. These foods contain all the necessary nutrients that a human body needs. But that is not the complete list of healthy foods there are also more types of foods that are also beneficial for your health.