Governments and health care departments publish nutrition guides daily for the public, but many people still believe that every food creates the same health benefits. Eating healthy foods generate more health-friendly effects.
This article will discuss the 10 healthy foods you can eat for a healthy body.
Here are some natural healthy foods that are nutritional and scientific researches and studies have proved their benefits:
Almost everyone loves eating eggs. It is easily available in nearly every grocery market.
This healthy food is a cheap and pure source of protein. Eating eggs generate many health benefits.
May be helpful for you: Get tips about getting long life.
Benefits of eggs
- A whole egg is good for your health. It is often not liked due to its cholesterol, but studies have found that eating one yolk per day does not usually raise cholesterol levels. Instead of that, Researchers have found that regular consumption of eggs increases good cholesterol that is very helpful in reducing the risks of heart diseases. Studies say only high consumptions of whole eggs may cause cholesterol problems in some people. (1)
- One egg contains 6 grams of protein. This protein has top-quality, and it is the pure form of protein. Our body absorbs this egg protein as compared to protein from other sources. Moreover, it contains nine amino acids that play a very crucial role in the growth and maintenance of your body.
- It also contains essential nutrients like choline that may reduce the risk of breast cancer in women. Choline also plays a crucial role during pregnancy; it supports developing a healthy brain in a baby.
- Egg also contains healthy antioxidants that can help your body to prevent macular degeneration and cataract.
- Egg contains omega-three polyunsaturated fats. Omega 3 fats are perfect for your brain, heart, and eyes.
- It also contains many vitamins and minerals, which are essential for your body. An egg can provide 40 percent of your body's vitamin D requirement. Two eggs can provide 30 to 40 percent daily recommended amount of vitamins. Moreover, it provides 25 percent of folate, 12 percent of vitamin B2, and 20 percent of selenium daily requirements. It also contains vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin b6, iron, magnesium, and cobalamin.
- By adding eggs to breakfast, you can boost weight loss. Eating eggs increases the level of hormones that keeps you satisfied for longer. The high satiety levels of eggs increase satisfaction and reduce hunger later in the day. A study on 30 overweight women has found that they consume fewer calories for the next 36 hours when they eat eggs in their breakfast. It means that if you eat eggs in your breakfast, you may feel full throughout the day, and through this, you may consume fewer calories. Eating eggs may boost your metabolism, also promotes your body weight loss. (2)
Apple is a famous fruit, which has a good taste and many health benefits. Peoples believes "eating an apple daily keeps the doctor away." Still, it is just some wisdom inside these words that explains that Apple generates so many benefits that may reduce your visits to the doctor. Here are some health benefits of eating apples:
- Apple is an excellent source of fiber that can reduce your cholesterol and glucose level.
- Apple is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. These vitamins help your body to prevent cell damage.
- Studies have found that apples lower the risk of heart diseases. Rich in soluble fiber, it can reduce the cholesterol level of your body.
- Apples are rich in fiber and water. This nutrient combination keeps a person complete for most time of the day. That is why an apple helps weight loss.
- Apple also contains polyphenols. These polyphenols have beneficial antioxidants effects. Polyphenols in apples also reduce blood pressure. Moreover, a large number of studies concluded that eating apples prevents many cardiovascular diseases and complications. Zhao, C. N., Meng, X., Li, Y., Li, S., Liu, Q., Tang, G. Y., & Li, H. B. (2017). Fruits for Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases. (3)
- Many studies have revealed that eating apples can reduce the risk of diabetes. (4)
- An eating apple a day lowers the 28 percent risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Apple contains pectin, a fiber that helps your body by promoting good bacteria in your gut.
- Apple lowers the risks of different cancers. Expert says due to its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects, apple helps to prevent significant disease risks.
- Eating apples lower the risks of asthma. The skin of an apple contains flavonoid quercetin—this Flavonoid quercetin help in regulating the immune system and reduces inflammation.
- Eggs are also beneficial for eye health. Omega 3 fatty acids in eggs can improve eyesight and health.
- Eating apples may reduce age-related mental illness. Researchers say that eating an apple helps preserve acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that usually declines when a person starts jumping age numbers. A low level of acetylcholine increases the risk of brain diseases like Alzheimer's.
- Eating Apple can protect your stomach from injury due to NSAIDs. The plant's compound of apples like chlorogenic acid and catechins help in this role. Note: Eating apples without peeling is more healthy because apple skin has many vitamins and minerals that contribute a lot to the health benefits described above.
Fish is very healthy food to eat. It is full of protein and other necessary nutrients. Its consumption can reduce the risks of many diseases. Here are some of its benefits:
Benefits of eating fish
- Eating fish can reduce the risks of heart diseases. Fish contains healthy omega-three fatty acids that reduce inflammation and help against heart diseases. Omega 3 fatty acids also help to reduce bad cholesterol. By preparing fish dishes by following health guidelines, you can decrease the risks of heart diseases, heart attack, and stroke.
- Eating fish reduces the risks of brain diseases. A study in 2016 found that moderate eating of fish reduces the chances of Alzheimer's disease. The study found that people who consume fish had more grey matter, which reduces brain shrinkage and deterioration.
- Fish oil also improves the symptoms of depression. According to The Journal of psychiatry & neuroscience, fish oil reduces depression when taken with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), an antidepressant.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can prevent skin damage against ultraviolet rays.
- Fish is the best dietary source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for body bone and growth because it helps absorb calcium.
- A person can feel swelling and pain during rheumatoid arthritis disease, and eating fish can reduce these feelings.
- Fish is a lean source of protein with less saturated fat. Protein which is essential for a healthy body, is found in the fish in good quantity.
- Fish consumption can reduce the risks of cancer. A study on people showed that those who had a high consumption rate of fish had low chances of digestive cancer compared to those who eat less.
- A fish diet can help you to lower blood pressure. A recent study found that fish oil, which contains omega-three fatty acids, is beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
Fish is readily available in the market. Most fish came from farms in the market, but fish from the sea or open river has the best taste and benefits.
Greek yogurt is a type of yogurt which is different from regular yogurt. Greek yogurt is prepared through the staining process. The staining process removes the liquid whey, which contains lactose. It has less sugar and is a bit creamier, thicker with more protein than regular yogurt. Greek yogurt has many health benefits and is an entirely natural healthy food source. Here are some of its benefits:
Benefits of eating greek yogurt
- Greek yogurt is full of calcium. Our bones are primarily calcium-made. Calcium makes the bones strong and healthy. It also lowers the risks of bone disease like osteoporosis.
- This yogurt contains a high protein value. Protein plays a very crucial role in muscle building. Consuming it can increase muscle mass and performance.
- Protein-rich Greek yogurt can be beneficial in weight loss. Many studies have found that high consumption of protein-rich foods keeps a person complete for most of the day. Greek yogurt, which is high in protein, can prevent OVEREATING and helps in weight loss.
- Greek yogurt contains much prebiotics. These can help the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- Prebiotics found in greek yogurt can be very beneficial for your mental health. A study in 2016 found that workers who ate greek yogurt daily show fewer symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety than those who did not eat.
- The research concluded that greek yogurt reduces the risks of diabetes. In a 2014 study, researchers found that Greek yogurt reduces the chances of type 2 diabetes, unlike other dairy products. For benefits, don't add sugar to it.
May be helpful for you: Get tips about longevity.
Oatmeal is a nutritious, delicious, and comforting food that can give you numerous health benefits. It is one of the best food to eat for breakfast. Here are some of the benefits associated with your favorite food that is considered as a healthy food by nutritionists:
Benefits of eating oatmeals
- Oats are full of soluble fibers. Soluble fibers are very beneficial for lowering cholesterol and stabilizing blood glucose levels. Research on Oats has found that this food positively affects type 2 diabetes patient's health.
- Oats also contain insoluble fibers that improve intestinal health and can prevent constipation.
- This food has many health-friendly antioxidants like avenanthramides. Research on these antioxidants has shown that avenanthramides exhibit anti-itching and anti-inflammatory activity. Oats' nutrients help to lower blood pressure and can improve blood flow.
- Oatmeal contains many healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Fiber-rich oatmeal is very beneficial in weight loss. Fibers keep the person full and can decrease the desire for food for approximately 4 hours.
If you want to know which nut is famous for its health benefits, most experts may mention almonds. With so many health benefits, almonds are liked and eat by the whole earth inhabitant. Here are some health benefits of eating Almonds:
Benefits of almonds
- Almonds are known as one of the best foods that help in lowering cholesterol levels naturally. Many studies have found that the habit of eating almonds works well against bad cholesterol.
- Almonds contain magnesium. Magnesium can help you to lower blood pressure. Various studies' results have shown that controlling magnesium deficiency can reduce blood pressure.
- Magnesium is also beneficial for diabetes patients. Studies on diabetes patients have shown that about 25 to 38 percent of patients show the sign of magnesium deficiency.
- Almonds are rich in antioxidants. These provide help against oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can damage a person's cell molecules and cause inflammation, aging, and dangerous diseases like cancers. A clinical trial that involves 60 regular smokers shows that by eating 84 grams of almonds daily, their oxidative stress reduces by 23 to 34 percent in 4 weeks.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E. This Vitamin protects the cells from oxidative damage. Studies have found that a high vitamin E intake reduces the risks of heart diseases, cancers, and Alzheimer's diseases.
Don't you know it's Popeye's favorite? Spinach is a green leafy vegetable loaded with healthy nutrients and antioxidants. Thus making it a healthy food that you can eat on your excellent health goal. Here are some of its benefits:
Benefits of spinach
- Spinach is a famous healthy food; its leaves are high in insoluble fiber. Insoluble fibers improve the health of the digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Spinach contains many antioxidants that help against oxidative stress and reduces its damages.
- Spinach reduces cancer risks. MGDG and SQDG, two components in spinach, have links in slowing the growth of different cancers. One study found that these components help in decreasing the size of tumors. Many studies have found that this leafy vegetable reduces the risks of prostate and breast cancers.
- A study on a group of 27 people concluded that eating spinach can help to lower blood pressure. Spinach contains nitrates that help against high blood pressure problems.
- Spinach is also very beneficial for your eye health. Spinach contains carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein, which can protect against the damage to the eyes caused by sunlight. Studies on zeaxanthin and lutein found that these can prevent macular degeneration and cataract. These two diseases contribute a lot in causing blindness.
- Spinach is rich in many essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs to perform well in good health.
Everyone loves potatoes. It is the most famous vegetable in the world. Potatoes French fries are very renowned, but their limited consumption is best for health. Eating potatoes have many health benefits:
Benefits of potatoes
- Potatoes are rich in antioxidants like beta carotene. It can slow down the aging of your body and may protect you from some types of cancers.
- Compounds in potato-like flavonoids, carotenoids,s, and phenolic acids act as antioxidants in your body and help neutralize the harmful molecules. These harmful molecules can cause many chronic diseases like heart diseases, cancers, and diabetes.
- Potato contains resistant starch: a type of starch. Research on starch found many health benefits that include a decrease in insulin resistance, which improves blood sugar levels.
- Resistance starch can improve the health of your digestive system. In our body, resistance starch usually turns itself into butyrate, a fatty acid that is a favorite food source for good bacteria in your gut. Many studies have shown that butyrate can reduce the risks of colorectal cancer.
- Potato is naturally gluten-free. Peoples with celiac disease usually have sensitivity towards gluten. For these peoples or who does not like gluten included foods, potatoes are best for them.
Pomegranate is a tasty, health-friendly fruit. It was also used as a medicine due to its ability to prevent significant diseases in the past. It is one of the most recommended fruit by doctors also. Here are some of the health benefits of this healthy food:
Benefits of pomegranates
- The amount of antioxidants in pomegranate juice is much higher as compared to other fruit juices. With three times more antioxidants than green tea, it helps in protecting cell damage. It also helps to remove radicals from the body and reduce inflammation risks.
- Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C. Only a 300g pomegranate juice can provide 40 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C. This Vitamin plays a crucial role in the growth, development, and repair processes in your body.
- Pomegranates juice improves the performance of people who do physical activities. Its juice can help reduce soreness. Eating pomegranates may help you to recover your strength fast. Its juice also decreases oxidative damage due to workouts.
- Antioxidants in pomegranates stall the progress of Alzheimer's disease.
- Pomegranates juice can decrease inflammation in your body. It also prevents oxidative stress and damage.
- The natural juice of pomegranates is the best heart-friendly juice. Studies have shown that pomegranate juice helps in improving blood flow and prevents the stiffness and thickness of arteries.
- Pomegranate juice can increase testosterone level, which results improve your muscularity and sex drive.
Blueberries are healthy food, and this fruit is very famous all over the world. Due to its taste and benefits peoples likes to eat them.
- Blueberries are rich in Vitamin C. This Vitamin in blueberries promotes your immune system and skin health.
- Oxidative stress can create many adverse effects on your brain. Blueberries help to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Antioxidants in blueberries reduce the risks of several chronic diseases like diabetes,obesity, and cancer. It also helps in stopping the progress of DNA damage and aging.
- Eating blueberries can boost your heart health. Nutrients in this fruit prevent arteries from getting hard. Rigid or stiff arteries often lead to heart attack and stroke.
- Blueberries can reduce the damage of muscles due to physical activities.
These foods are good for your health. All of these contain a high value of necessary nutrients that the human body needs. But that is not the complete list of healthy foods. Many other foods also promote good health. You can also find helpful information on the Nutrition pages of this site.
- Intake of up to 3 Eggs/Day-https://aocs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1007/s11745-017-4230-9
- Egg breakfast enhances weight loss - https://www.nature.com/articles/ijo2008130
- Fruits for Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases - https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/6/598
- Colors of Fruit and Vegetables and 10-Year Incidence of Stroke - https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/STROKEAHA.110.611152